So this weekend I have been cleaning up the slide show, transcribing Monroe’s 3rd letter in the volume and getting text ready to put up under the James Monroe family section of the website. Andrea and I met Friday to start uploading to Omeka. As we are uploading there seems to be a problem with the batches. I am getting a little confused so I guess the next step is going to the IT folks unless the group can figure it out. I am getting extremely frustrated. I thought I knew a lot about computers taking computer science and being pretty savy with technology. But obviously I am quite amateur at all this. I am also, like Kelly , getting annoyed with pushing things back. I want this to get done. I am eager to get it finished and for some reason I feel like it is not getting up on its feet which is making me very nervous. I really want to finish this. I feel that we are behind and not with it. I try and keep things together and sometimes I just get a little nervous it will not be done. The websites look great and I am doing all I can to get this project up- but- I am losing patience with it.
When I started this course, I was so looking forward to doing the Monroe project. I was and still am considering him as a section of my senior 435 thesis- but I did not expect the project to be what it is. I do not know- I thought it would take a more historical aspect. I am so enjoying transcribing. I wish we could have time to do more- it is a lot of fun. The scanning was also fun – but as time approaches I just feel uneasy.